Sunday, March 6, 2011

Volume No.1 -- Post No.23 Timelapse



Thanks to Granite Bay Software for letting me test their new GBTimelapseEOS Software.  This software does some amazing things with your Canon DSLR.  I shot the above video with a Canon 7D.  The software allows you to tether your camera to your computer with the USB cord Canon provided.  The rest was easy.  I exposed for the sky and set the software to trigger the shutter once a minute for about two hours.  If your Canon model has a setting, this software can control it. 

I then used Lightroom-2 to edit each .CR2 file and exported them to re-sized-1115 x 602-.JPGs.  Size does matter in this case.   The raw CR2 files were 20MB each, and by design the GBTimelapseEOS Software allows the camera to save the images directly to your computer. Next I opened the re-sized .JPGs in Photoshop-CS4 where I rendered them to a .MOV file.  How cool is that?!

You don't need Lightroom or Photoshop.  The Granite Bay Software also can do the rendering for you, allowing for some stunning projects! Check out the examples on their site and buy it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment