Sunday, December 16, 2018

Volume No. 8 -- Post No. 4 -- Trying Kodak TMax 100

Ilford HP5 Plus 400 is my go to film. For me, it’s hard to beat that contrast and grain.  It gives that extra special edgy look that I love and reminds me of Anton Corbijn’s music photography from the 80s shot oTri-X 400.

However, I’m wanting more tonal range from my 4x5 photography.  It such a big juicy negative. I feel like I should be getting more tonal range.  I tried Ilford Delta 100 Pro with great results in 35mm, but I couldn’t find it locally in 4x5 sheets in packs less than 100.  I couldn’t justify buying $150 worth of film to experiment with.  So, Kodak TMAX 100 to the rescue in a 10-sheet pack.

Black and White Film Photo #kodaktmax100


The above photo is TMAX 100 taken with my 35mm Canonete QL17 III rangefinder.  Feels like a success.  The sun is blown out, but otherwise there’s information throughout the tonal range.  The grain is minimal and yet the low contrast still feels sharp.

I bought 10 sheets of 4x5 TMAX 100.  I’m
anxious to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment